I have over 20 years of professional experience as a Storyteller, Copywriter, Web Producer, Multimedia Designer, and Graphic Artist. My creative work has been published in a New York Times Bestseller thrice, and I most recently authored a supernatural thriller called Under Angels. I also produced the cover design, layout, collateral, and book trailer. Available in both paperback and ebook editions, Under Angels has hit #1 on Amazon. I’ve also written its award-winning screenplay, currently under option.
I specialize in taking great ideas and putting them into words, visuals, and other forms of expression. I will take a creative vision — be it mine, yours, or ours — and turn it into an engaging story, an effective slogan, a genius tagline, a smart logo, or a powerful advertisement. As a web and blogging veteran, I place great importance on SEO, clean HTML, accessible layouts, responsive UX, and constantly evolving mobile trends. I’ve been part of the social media landscape since it first appeared, and was published in a book produced by Twitter back in 2007. As a Photoshop ninja, I most recently produced comps for mobile applications and websites for Fortune 500 companies.
Jace Daniel’s Creative Distillery, Los Angeles, CA (1997-present)
Writer, Media Designer, and Web Producer
- Author of acclaimed novel Under Angels, a supernatural thriller set in Los Angeles. Please see http://underangels.com.
- Writer of both fiction and nonfiction. Published author in a New York Times Best Seller thrice. Flexible narrative aesthetic ranges from children’s fables to darker adult tales about the human condition. Select short stories can be experienced at http://jaced.com/writings/
- Independent consultant providing graphic design, copywriting, and web services. Portfolio available upon request.
- Accomplished interactive multimedia developer and rhythmically driven motion graphic artist.
- Educated sound designer, drummer, and electronic musician with 20 years experience in MIDI and digital audio.
Toyota, Torrance, CA (2007-08, 2010-12)
Interactive Media Designer and Copywriter
- Creator of graphics and copy for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion mobile websites and mobile apps. (Comp samples available upon request.)
- Writer and storyboarder of themed media presentations for Toyota’s annual corporate executive shows.
- Designer of motion graphics and ad banners with Flash.
- Builder of the internal CMS for Toyota associates and administrator of online forums.
- Provider of additional copywriting services for various departments.
Contessa, San Pedro, CA (2008-10)
Web Content Developer and Copywriter
- Produced copy and headlines for all packaging, collateral, advertising, and web. Wrote press releases and news briefs, working exclusively with the CEO to produce company’s 2010 industry book.
- Managed all social media assets, including Twitter and Facebook.
- Built new company website using WordPress and MySQL, coordinating Marketing with Legal.
- Managed registered user database of 55,000+, integrating with BlueHornet for monthly eblasts and promotions.
KGI Media Solutions, Los Angeles, CA (2006-07)
Senior Graphic Designer and Web Developer
PCF Virtual, Honolulu, HI (2005-06)
Art Director and Copywriter
Pro Sound and Stage Lighting, Cypress, CA (2003-04)
Designer and Copywriter
IdentityWare, Long Beach, CA (1997-2002)
Senior Graphic Designer and Principal Webmaster
Warner Bros. Records, Burbank, CA (1994-97)
Dauz Drum Co., Los Angeles, CA (1990-94)
Creative Director and Technical Engineer
New Horizons Computer Learning Centers, Los Angeles, CA (1997-99)
Typography, Information Design, Color Theory, Adobe Suite, Internet Tools.
California State University, Dominguez Hills, Carson, CA (1987-91)
Poetiscape with Rich Ferguson [AUDIO] (March 2013)
Jace Daniel discusses Under Angels, art, structure, and life.
San Pedro Today Magazine (January 2012)
What Lies Beneath? Jace Daniel discusses Under Angels.
Crimson Soapbox (October 2011)
Aced with Angels: An Interview with Jace Daniel.
SMITH Magazine (October 2011)
October 2011 Member of the Month: Jace Daniel, eBook Evangelist.